Juried Art Show 2021
In Cooperation with GEAUGA PARK DISTRICT
August 20 - October 5, 2021
Artists (16 years & older) that live, work, or attend school in Geauga County/Chagrin Falls Online Entries Only: Each artist is permitted a maximum of three (3) digital entries in the following categories: Oil/Acrylic, Watercolor, Photography or Other Media.
New this year: Electronic Submissions will be accepted between July 25th & July 31st. Entries should be .jpg image files. All photos should be the original file for the highest quality and in focus, well-lit, not grainy and uncropped. For general purposes, photos dimensions at least 4”x 6” at 300 DPI (1200 x 1800 px). For 3-dimensional entries, multiple images may be submitted. $20 fee for first entry, $15 for each subsequent entry. Fee is non-refundable and payable with submissions. New or recently renewed (since January 2020) members receive first entry free! Visit our About Page to become a member today! Artists will be notified via email by August 5th as to which pieces will be included in the show this year.
Awards: Cash awards for First through Third in each category. Awards will be presented at the Artists’ Reception or mailed to artist if not present at reception.
Delivery of Accepted Work: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 from Noon to 8:00 pm at The West Woods Nature Center, 9465 Kinsman Road, Novelty OH 44072.
Pick up: Accepted entries must be picked up on October 6th or 7th, 2021 between 10 am and 4 pm; they may not be removed prior to this date.
Artists’ Reception: Friday, August 20, 2021 from 7 pm to 9 pm.
Sales: Sales arranged through Geauga Arts Council and 20% commission retained benefitting Geauga Park District and Geauga Arts Council.
Exhibition: Accepted entries on display at The West Woods Nature Center from August 20, 2021 through October 5, 2021. Center is open daily 10 am – 4 pm.
Acrylic/Oil Painting- Linda Zolten-Wood
Watercolor- Judy Campbell
Photography- Paul Newman
Other Media- Mary Urbas
Contest Rules and Regulations:
1. Contest open to amateur & professional artists age 16+ that live, work, or attend school in Geauga County/Chagrin Falls.
2. Artwork must be framed and have sufficient hardware/wire for hanging. No sawtooth hangers accepted.
3. Submissions may not exceed 48 inches in height or width. Other Media of small dimension will be showcased in cases.
4. An “Art Identification Tag” (provided on entry form) must be attached to the upper right corner on the back of each entry. Contestants must submit a completed entry form when dropping off accepted artwork.
5. Each category will have a judge(s) familiar with such media. Judging shall be based on depiction of class, technical quality, composition & originality.
6. The Geauga Arts Council reserves the right to combine categories in the event of insufficient entries in any particular category in order to preserve the integrity of the contest.
7. All accepted entries must remain on display at The West Woods Nature Center for the duration of the show.
8. Entries that relate excessively to nudity, violence, political issues and religion will not be accepted. Entries which are too fragile for handling may be refused.
9. Artists shall pick up their entries on October 6 or 7 between the hours of 10 am & 4 pm. None of the sponsoring entities will be responsible for items not picked up by October 10, 2021. Any items not picked up within two weeks from that date become the property of Geauga Arts Council.
10. Artists are responsible for securing any and all model releases for any person that appears in his/her art. Photographs of artwork exhibited may be utilized, without charge, in future Geauga Arts Council publications or promotions.
11. All reasonable caution will be exercised with artwork; however, sponsoring agencies assume no responsibility for any damages or loss that may occur.
Questions? Contact Carlene Holtz (440) 338-1092 or Teresa Runion (440) 279-0882